Rules for preparing for diagnostic studies
Abdominal ultrasound . Three days prior the study, you should follow the diet -exclude brown bread, milk, peas, beans, cabbage, fresh vegetables, fruits and sweets . On the eve of the study, you should take 2 capsules of Simethicone 3 times a day and on the day of the study you should take 4 capsules per day (total - 10 capsules). Please bring your towel and arrive to the study with an empty stomach.
Prostate ultrasound (Transrectal ultrasound (TRUS)). In the morning, before the study, you should administer cleansing enema. 1.0-1.5 hours before the study, you should drink 3 glasses of water and do not urinate.
On the eve of the study: in the morning you can have a light breakfast according to the diet. After breakfast, before the end of the study, you should not take any solid food, you can have only drinks.
For the full examination of the colon, it is necessary to perform a high-quality bowel preparation. Therefore it is necessary to follow the following recommendations:
- if you do not have symptoms of intestinal or bowel obstruction, prolonged constipation, you can use bowel preparation medications. If you are taking any of these medicatios, there is no need to administer enemas;
- if you have symptoms of intestinal or bowel obstruction, stool constipation for more than four days, it is necessary to perform your bowel preparation by administering cleansing enemas according to the scheme: two days before the procedure, a cleansing enema in the evening; on the eve of the study, cleansing enemas at 18.00 and 21.00; on the day of the study, cleansing enemas at 06.00 and 08.00. The volume of the enema - 2 to 3 liters ;
- if you have undergone colorectal surgery, you should consult an oncologist or endoscopist concerning the preparation.
- it is necessary to refrain from sexual intercourse for 5-7 days;
-after prostate massage, finger rectal examination, transrectal ultrasound, biopsy, laser therapy, ergometry, cytoscopy and colonoscopy, bladder catheterization or after any other mechanical procedures on the prostate, a blood test can be performed no earlier than 2 weeks.
Get a disposable container for coproscopy at the registry of the Laboratory of Clinical Microbiology, it works daily from Monday to Friday from 8 to 15 o'clock .Sign the label -patient's full name, date of birth, date of material collection.
To obtain reliable results, the following conditions must be met:
- 3-4 days before the study, you should stop taking laxatives, including those containing castor and vaseline oil, restrain from administering rectal candles;
- when examining the fecal occult blood test (FOBT), you should stop taking medications containing metals within 3 days before the analysis; you should not eat meat, fish, tomatoes, green vegetables ;
- feces obtained after enema, after taking barium (during abdominal X-ray) is not suitable for the test;
- you should collect freshly extracted feces for the test;
- before collecting feces, you should first urinate in the toilet and rinse it off. Next, by natural defecation you should collect feces into the toilet bowl or bedpen. Then the stool is taken with a spoon container into a clean, disposable container from different places in an amount of no more than 1/3 of the container volume. Close the container with a lid;
- deliver the received container with the material as soon as possible (within 1-2 hours) to the laboratory of clinical microbiology daily from Monday to Friday from 8 to 14 hours.
If you have questions, you can leave the application here We will contact you
Up to 30 MB cceres website. (if necessary, attach large files, you need to use file-sharing servis and attach the link to the file to the application).
Reminder to patient when submitting an application